Freedom Task Chair
Designed to complement any space and integrate effortlessly into the modern office, the Freedom task chair offers comfort, style, and complete ease of use.
Created by Niels Diffrient and winner of more than 10 design awards, the Freedom task chair uses the laws of physics and the sitter’s body weight to provide instant, custom support for every sitter. This perfect balance allows the user to effortlessly move but be fully supported in each position. As a result, users change postures often, which leads to a more healthy and comfortable sitting experience.
The Freedom task chair revolutionizes the way people sit. With its weight-sensitive recline and synchronously adjustable armrests, it set new standards for task chair performance and functionality. With a sculpted foam backrest to match the contours of the human body and thick cushions for long-lasting comfort, it provides a custom ergonomic fit for every user.
These specifications apply to this model only
Standard Duron Arms
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift and release action for immediate repositioning without button or locks
- 6” range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks
- Can be positioned below thigh level for close table or desk work
- Attached to backrest so arms stay in the same relation to body during recline
- Duron cover for superb comfort and durability.
Graphite Trim & Frame
Frame Color refers to all metal parts (back support, arm supports).
Corde 4 Black Fabric
a four-way stretch fabric designed for ultimate ergonomic comfort as it moves as the user adjusts positions.
Molded polyurethane foam seat, carefully sculpted to match body contours. Increased contact area reduces pressure points. Modular for easy replacement.
Standard 5” cylinder
Appropriate for 95% of users. Provides seat height range of 16″ to 21″.
2.5” hard double-wheel casters
- Distinctive design sets it apart from other task chairs and enhances any space
- Innovative weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism cleverly uses each sitter’s body weight to perfectly adjust the tension and recline position of the chair for full support throughout the movement
- Pivoting backrest automatically moves with the user throughout the day and offers perfect lumbar comfort in all positions
- Synchronous arms allow effortless adjustment with one hand and a unique arm design attaches to the backrest to move with the user
- To closely follow the body’s shape and offer long-term comfort, sculpted contour cushions reduce pressure points and provide exceptional weight distribution
- Modular design allows the user to update the aesthetic of the chair and offers easy maintenance
- A wide range of specifically created, high-performance textiles complement the chair’s unique cushion contours to maximize its comfort, performance, and ergonomic function
- Two-Part Simple Assembly
- 4-Way Stretch Fabric Seat
Three Options - What's the Difference?
Corde 4 Black
- Chair Width: 27.25”
- Base Width: 25”
- Seat Height: 16” – 20.25”
- Seat Width: 21"
Recline Range: 20° recline + 7° backrest tilt
- Chair Weight: 34 lbs arms / 30 lbs armless
- Designed for users up to 300 pounds
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Handle on back of the chair for easy maneuvering
- 15-year warranty
- Made in the USA
Like all Humanscale products, the Freedom chair was designed with a constant and genuine focus on its environmental impact at every stage of its development. For Humanscale, the best designs in the world achieve more with less, and sustainability is the natural result of this focus.
The Freedom chair’s lightweight design minimizes the environmental impact of its shipping, and its simple, modular design makes it easy to disassemble and maintain, rather than replace the chair completely. The Freedom chair is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality, GREENGUARD Gold, and level® 2 certified.