ARE A DANISH DESIGN BRAND WITH A DRIVE TO CREATE NEW ORIGINALS
THE VISION OF HARMONIOUSLY MERGING A PROFOUND LOVE FOR HONEST SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN WITH THE IDEA OF LOOKING AHEAD, INSTEAD OF LOOKING BACK, SPARKED THE BEGINNING OF WOUD. THEY WANTED TO EXPLORE THE CREATIVITY OF THE DESIGNERS OF TOMORROW AND THEIR FRESH PERSPECTIVES ON WHAT THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD NEEDS. THEY AIMED TO PROVIDE THEM WITH A SPACE TO GROW. TO FLOURISH. A COMMITMENT STILL HOLD ON TO THIS DAY.
Their Design Promise
In our search for new designs and concepts, we handpick our collection based on the following design principles: A touch of innovation, a meticulous level of detail, honesty and simplicity anchored in our Scandinavian design heritage. To ensure that we present a coherent brand universe, we have formed ten principles - our Design Promise. These should be considered and reflected in every step of the design selection process. The principles are developed upon our brand DNA, vision and aim to embrace our ongoing transition towards becoming a more sustainable organisation.
THE TEN PRINCIPLES
1. The design should evoke a ‘love at first sight’-feeling
2. The design must offer a ‘touch of innovation’ in form, function, or choice of material
3. The design shall fit into our existing collection or embrace the development of the brand
4. The design must differentiate significantly from the existing designs presented at the current market
5. The material must be evaluated - any possible way to use recycled materials has to be considered
6. The design must be able to stand on its own and in a contemporary context
7. The design must serve a clear purpose and functionality
8. The design must not cannibalise on another WOUD product
9. The construction of the design must be carefully thought through to, for instance, reduce the box volume and enhance the user experience
10. There should be an opportunity to add a sustainable element or aspect to the design